The Village Hall

DSCN5015_DxO

The village hall in Pyrton was built in 1895 and was used as the village school for thirty eight years.  The school closed in 1933, since when many children in the village have been educated in Watlington.  In 1977 local people worked together to refurbish the derelict village school building as part of its 1977 Jubilee Project, with further support through funding from an annual precept and the National Lottery.  As a result of the energies and commitment of the local community the hall was refurbished in 2009 and now hosts a wide range of activities and events including village meetings, exercise classes, painting classes, church teas, children’s parties and the very popular regular village pub night.

The hall is available for rent.  For more information please contact Kath Gomm on 01491 612939 or email thomasgomm@btinternet.com