Pyrton Parish Council, with the assistance of South Oxfordshire District Council (SODC), has produced a draft conservation area appraisal for Pyrton. We are proposing to revise the existing conservation area boundary.
You have an opportunity to comment on the appraisal during a public consultation period running from 11 July to 5pm on 22 August 2018.
There will be a meeting regarding this in Pyrton Village Hall on Monday 23rd July at 6.30pm with Samantha Allen, Conservation Officer from South Oxfordshire District Council.
The purpose of the appraisal is to define the special architectural or historic interest of the conservation area. It will support SODC’s duty to consider the desirability of preserving or enhancing the character or appearance of Pyrton when determining planning applications.
As well as being a material consideration in planning decisions, conservation area designation also affects the following:
- Some works need planning permission (reduced permitted development rights). This includes demolition works. For more information click here.
- Works to trees that have a trunk diameter over 75mm when measured at 1.5m from ground level. These works require notice to be given to council at least six weeks in advance of the works. For more information click here.
Viewing the appraisal
You can view the appraisal on SODC’s website.
Hard copies of the documents are available to view at St Mary’s Church, Pyrton. The documents are also available to view at SODC’s office, 135 Eastern Avenue, Milton Park, Abingdon, OX14 4SB during usual opening hours.
How to submit your comments
Your views are important to SODC and will help them to prepare the final version of the appraisal, so please have your say in one of the following ways:
- complete the online feedback form by clicking on this link – http://survey.southandvale.gov.uk/s/PyrtonCAA/
- email email@example.com
- write to SODC’s Design and Conservation Team, 135 Eastern Avenue, Milton Park, Abingdon, OX14 4SB
- complete a comment form (available at the Church or our office) and post or email it back.
Please note that you must provide your name and address for your comments to be considered. All representations and related documents will be held securely by SODC for a period of six months after the appraisal is adopted.
All responses received will be available for the public to view and will be shared on SODC’s website. If you are responding as an individual we will not share your contact details, however your name may be displayed; if you are responding as an organisation we will display your name and contact details next to your response.
Thank you in advance for your participation in the consultation. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact SODC by calling their Customer Service Team on 01235 422600.